For women who are preparing to embark on intrauterine insemination (IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF), we have a 6-session acupuncture programme designed for the cycle that IUI or IVF is taking place. The first session will take place around cycle day 5 and the last session around 10 days after IUI or embryo transfer.
Below is a guide to when acupuncture treatment is rendered:
- 2 acupuncture sessions before IUI
- 2 acupuncture sessions on day of IUI (before and after)
- 2 acupuncture sessions after IUI (within a week after IUI)
- 2 acupuncture sessions before egg retrieval
- 2 sessions on day of embryo transfer (before and after)
- 2 sessions after embryo transfer
Treatment objectives during follicle stimulation are to strengthen the Spleen and Kidney to enhance response to stimulation drugs, as well as to smooth the Liver circulation to support healthy circulation to ovaries and uterus.
After the embryo transfer, acupuncture treatments are to assist circulation to uterus, maintaining implantation and nourishment of embryos.
Related Links: Acupuncture for IVF